Best WordPress SEO Plugins To Raise Your Ranking
WordPress has become one of the internet’s biggest driving forces. Starting as a humble blog platform, it has since evolved into the most popular CMS on the web. In fact, almost 30% of the entire internet uses WordPress to power their site. The platform owes its popularity partially to its flexibility, allowing site owners can adapt the platform in countless ways.
For site owners, a compelling perk of WordPress is its SEO-friendly nature. With over 50,000 plugins in their official directory, a good chunk of them are SEO trackers. With SEO earning non-negotiable status in digital marketing, now is the best time to see where you stand. In today’s blog, we’ll show you some of our favourite SEO plugins for WordPress sites.
Yoast is one of the most popular SEO plugins on WordPress. With over 4.5 million downloads, Yoast is intuitive and straightforward. Here are some of its most useful key features:
- Content Analysis: Yoast is a content writer’s dream come true. The SEO plugin monitors on-page factor, such as readability and keyword density. This delivers a succinct breakdown of the “good”, “ok” and what “needs improvement” in a simple traffic light colour-code.
- Snippet Preview: Snippet preview gives users a sneak-peek at how their page appears in search engine results before going live. It provides a compact look at SEO titles, meta descriptions and slugs in a simple format at the bottom of the page.
- XML Sitemaps: This advanced feature creates sitemaps. These optimised sitemaps are easy for web-crawling search engine bots to navigate, which directly boosts your SEO.
- Breadcrumbs: While XML sitemaps let bots traverse your site with ease, breadcrumbs simplify navigation for people. These are positioned at the top of a page, showing the path of clicks taken to get to the current page.
SEMrush is one of the most well-known SEO plugins. With an arsenal of features to track almost every metric you can think of, SEMrush puts you in charge. As far as features go, here are some of their best that make this platform a strong leader:
- Keep an eye on your competitors: If you’re eyeing off the competition, SEMrush gives you insight into their techniques. From keyword rankings, to cost-per-click, traffic volume and more – this SEO plugin lets you in on their secrets!
- Precisely monitor performance: Before you examine competitors, it’s a good idea to know where you stand. In SEMrush, you’re faced with a comprehensive overview screen. This gives you a look at your keyword performance, traffic growth and geographical insights.
- Reports in Real-Time: SEMrush features some of the most detailed report systems on the SEO plugin database. Its seamless integration into multiple platforms allows it to extract all the information you need to curate your strategy.
Ahrefs is a new player in the SEO plugin game. This rising star has outstanding depth to its features, which sets it apart from the rest. Because of this, it has become a favourite among technical SEO enthusiasts. Lets take a look at some of the best Ahrefs has to offer:
- Backlink Analysis: Ahrefs has a whole universe of links in their index, which they update every single day. Their total count exceeds one trillion links! The Site Explorer tool lets users keep track of all links to their site, which is essential for good link building practices.
- Create Keyword Ideas: The keyword database within Ahrefs is a hard act to follow. The platform pulls keywords in use from 170 countries, and contains over 6.1 billion keywords. This makes it all but unrivalled for depth of keyword research.
- Content Explorer: Using Ahrefs is like having a search engine within a search engine. With Content Explorer, users can search the web for content by topic. It ranks the content according to factors like social shares and backlinks. This, combined with Backlink Analysis, puts you in an advantageous position to garner even more backlinks!
WPtouch Mobile Plugin
In recent years, the importance of mobile SEO has exploded. With mobile-first indexing released, sites without mobile optimisation get rank penalties. An easy way for WordPress site users to get around this is to use the WPtouch Mobile Plugin. This plugin boasts incredible features that deliver amazing user experiences without having to write any code!
- Create A Mobile Version of your WordPress Site: This feature instantly boosts rankings if your site isn’t yet optimised. WPtouch creates a mobile-friendly version of your website, converting your desktop theme to the optimal format for on-the-go browsing.
- Customise The Mobile Viewing Experience: WPtouch lets you create the best look and feel for your mobile site. You can edit your mobile menu, nominate browsers you wish to support and more. It also gives users a speedier browsing experience that far exceeds desktop versions.
- Multi-Site Support: Even if your business is spread across multiple sites, WPtouch has you covered. With some packages supporting a large quantity of WordPress sites, you’ll get better value if you want extensive coverage.
If the shift towards mobile SEO has you worried, don’t be! Check out our previous blog on mobile-first indexing and see what it might mean for you. You still have time to catch up!
Each SEO plugin we’ve nominated here has its own set of unique perks. Which one is right for you? That comes down to your goals, your current rankings, and where you’d rather be standing. Are you more worried about content, keywords, or backlinks? With so many options in the WordPress plugin directory, your research will pay off – literally. Your rankings won’t improve themselves, so check out the WordPress plugin database and see what’s possible!