Why Every Business Needs Social Media Marketing in 2021
In today’s competitive landscape, businesses need every edge they can get. Traditional methods of promoting your services and products are losing their effectiveness, and you need to be where the consumers are. This is why social media marketing is your new best friend. A powerful tool to reach and convey your message to the people that matter, the growing significance of social media in marketing has only been elevated due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Research has shown that an overwhelming number of marketers are taking to social media to market products and services, 97% cannot be that wrong, and the other 3% are looking at being left in the dust. For salespeople, there are over 78% that manage to outsell the competition just by tapping on the powers of social media.
Numbers can certainly prove a point, and the fact is that social media marketing has completely changed how people do business. In this perfect storm, if you are able to utilise the tools at your disposal efficiently, you will have plenty to gain.
Table of Contents
How Has Social Media Marketing Changed Business
First off, the impact of social media has given people another opportunity to realise their dreams. Startups no longer have to compete in the old ways in order to get ahead of their more established competition. Now, they can reach the target audience they need with the help of social media.
Businesses also have a new way of interacting with the audience, be it through their content, ads, or even specific social media platforms. All of it calls for more engagement, awareness, and building a closer relationship with the people who matter.
More importantly, you can also obtain valuable data and understand who your potential customers are, what are their likes and dislikes, and give yourself a better shot at reaching and converting them.
With over 3.5 billion active users every single day, no business can afford to pass up the opportunity to open up new markets and strengthen their commitment to existing ones. While the rewards are definitely tempting, you will need to put in the hard work to get where you need to go.
5 Tips To Help You Kickstart Your Social Media Marketing Game
Importance of Branding
When it comes to the social media space, you will need to carve out an identity for yourself. This can be the way you deliver your messaging, the tone of your copy, or even the style of presentation when it comes to products. People can develop a fondness for a brand with personality, you just have to find the right one.
With social media, the distance between customers and brands has never been closer. This will be your best way to demonstrate your commitment to your audience with stellar customer service outside of traditional channels. Questions will surely be asked, and they should be answered. Make it an interactive and rewarding platform for your consumers.
Planning Things Out
It helps to have a plan for whatever is going out on your social media platforms. Planning ahead gives you a clear goal and the means of achieving them. Schedule the right posts for holidays and festitivites, take note of hot shopping seasons, and take advantage by always being there.
Data is Everything
The longer you are in the social media marketing game, the more data you will have. Depending on the type of business you are running, the metrics that matter may differ. What does not change is the value of such data, which can help you identify the types of content that resonates most with your audience, but also give you the most value.
Consider Your Platform
With so many different types of social media platforms out there, it is vital that you identify the ones that has the most important audience for you, and the right environment for your business to grow. If you are all about the visuals and aesthetics, then Instagram could be your ideal place. If conversation drives your business, Facebook might be where you need to be.
Grow Your Business With Social Media Marketing
There is no denying the growing importance of social media marketing, and every business should look into it at one point or another. Starting early can be the competitive edge you need to beat out the competition, and having a capable partner to guide you along the way can help tremendously.
Here at First Page Digital, we have been honing our social game and producing the results for our clients on a consistent basis. Together with us, you can be guaranteed results and content that is sure to satisfy not just you, but your customers as well. Get in touch with us today, and let’s talk social media marketing!